Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Federal Election Results

   I wrote somewhere that we would probably re-elect the Liberal party because we Canadians are masochihsts at heart, but I don't think I really believed myself. Watching the election results last night, I felt a growing sense of disbelief as the night wore on and the Liberal numbers mounted. For fifteen years, we've followed our Liberal government in the news as they flushed millions of dollars of our money down the drain, embarrassed us on the international political stage, raped our healthcare and education systems by reducing provincial transfer payments, all while blaming others, and laughing and thumbing their nose at us, saying, "thhppptt. There's nothing you can do about it." Apparently, they were right.

   They campaigned on the platform they were going to fix problems that they, themselves were responsible for, and we fell for it. That's like a bank robber telling the cops, "just let me off on the corner here, and I'll go get the cash I stole, and I'll be right back."

   Sure you will. 

No comments: