Tuesday, July 24, 2007

La, la, la, I can't hear you.

   If I'm not around very much it's because I am desperately trying to avoid spoilers while I read the new Harry Potter book. I exercised phenomenal restraint yesterday when I clicked away from Jaquandor's blog without reading his post on the subject. (Warning! Extreme spoiler alert. Don't click that link if you don't want to know.) Thanks for the spoiler warning going in, Jaq.

   It arrived Saturday. Matthew, who has been rereading all of the books over the last few weeks, panicked. He had not, it seemed, made a start on book six yet. He took the Amazon.ca package, placed it firmly under his left arm, and left it there. He would allow no one to touch it while he plowed his way through The Half Blood Prince. He wouldn't even show me the cover.
   He managed to finish book six, and get almost 200 pages into The Deathly Hallows in a single day. He finished it the next morning. It was sitting on my pillow when I came home from work Sunday afternoon. For the last three days, every time he opened his mouth to say anything, I've put my fingers in my ears and recited the title of this post as loudly as possible.
   I'm approaching that two hundred page mark myself, but don't worry. No spoilers here. I promise not to tell anyone that Harry bites it in the first chapter. Oops. I probably shouldn't have said that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little boy has been reading it, too. So I get to have "the funny parts" read aloud to me. Enjoy! --Cin

Anonymous said...

I won't tell you about page 404, then.

Anonymous said...

I already posted my spoilers.  Snape and Dumbledore shave their heads and move into an ashram in Bangladesh to become sitar masters.  

Sorry.  But, I like crushing people's fun.  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

You are too funny... I read it.  Loved it.  That is all I will say...

Now, tell me why the quote was ironic.  Because he was a priest and a pope?  He obviously felt that he did lead his life to the fullest...

Splain it to me, Ricky.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Ps. s.  I read your friends blog and totally agree with everything he said...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even make it thru the first Potter book. Uhm, thought it was stupid. Read something about habitual sin instead. I guess I could relate better.  ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

I got my copy yesterday... And, I am forcing myself to do my regular daily things -before- I set down with the book each day, otherwise I would just sit in a corner and read until I was done <LOL> I also plan to re-read the whole series once I've finished this one... I think it will be interesting to re-read with the insight of what happens... follow the little side stories. I started the series not long before book 5 came out, so I read the first 4 one right after the other..  No spoilers here.. I think you are actually ahead of me ;p

Anonymous said...

you had better be joking or I am going to be so pissed.  I picked up Deathly Hallows yesterday at Costco.  Its on the kitchen table at home.  I have to start re reading the books as soon as I finish the one on Joe Strummer.

By the way I have finished the meme and its up .. with a few presents.