Saturday, August 23, 2008

More breakfast at Casa Little

   After we came home from the gym this morning, I whipped us up an onion, mushroom and zucchini omelette with Beemster cheese (I like Beemster cheese). It went something like this:

Lightly saute thinly sliced onions in a little bit of sesame oil for about five minutes.
Add some chopped fresh garlic. Saute for another minute.
Add sliced mushrooms and chopped zucchini. Salt to taste. (I also added a bit of butter here because the onions had soaked up all the oil.) Continue to saute until mushrooms and zucchini are soft.

Whisk eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into pan.
When eggs are almost cooked through, add veggie mixture, and grated Beemster cheese. Fold egg over veggie and cheese mixture. Cook another one minute per side.

Serve with fresh coffee.

Get kiss on the cheek from wife.

Mmm.

Tags:
, , , , , , ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused.  Was that in reference to the omelette or the kiss?

Simon

PS -- I've never heard of nor eaten Beemster cheese.  But I do like the name.

Anonymous said...

All part of the experience, my man.

Anonymous said...

Mmm  you did good, Paul.  

I never heard of Beemster either... will have to check it out...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I'd kiss you too if you would make me one!  ;o)   I have fresh yard eggs! -  Barbara
http://journals.aol.com/bhbner2him/LifeFaithinCaneyhead/

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your breakfast!  
My morning went something like this:  
Run late for work, leave house in a panic, realize stomach is growling, swing into McDonald's parking lot, wait ten mins while never moving an inch, swing back out, go to work, fish in junk drawer and find ancient oat bar. Eat begrudgingly.

:)  

Anonymous said...

woah! cool!
:) your wife and kid are lucky!
thanks for sharing!
nat

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!  I think I will try it.

Hugs, Rose

http://journals.aol.com/rjsisti/roses-are-read/

P.S. I love men that spoil their wives!