Saturday, December 18, 2004

I hate these things

Oh, what the hell...

This is from Rachel. She got it from who IS dangero. Where he got it from, I don't know.


1. What's your main source of music (radio, MTV, CD, Cassette player, etc)?

At home, I'm generally listening to one of the satellite digital music stations. No commercials, no talking, just the music I want to hear. In the car I listen to the radio or play CDs

2. What is currently in that source or what station/channel is it set to?

The Satellite music usually jumps between new rock and classic rock. Right now it's on holiday music a lot.

3. What channel would your TV be set on,  from the night before, when the TV is turned on in the morning?

The night before I was probably either listening to music, or watching a DVD movie, so there wouldn't really be a TV channel to speak of. Maybe Space:The Imagination Station, if we were watching Enterprise, or Firefly.

4. What book(s) are you currently reading right now? .

I just finished A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens. It's a short little read, but a lot of fun. I'm currently in the middle of Robert Heinlein's Time Enough For Love (thanks John) and Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling.

5. What TV shows do you always stop on no matter what?

I can't think of one.

6. What TV shows do you never stop on no matter what?

Survivor, or any similar reality show. The only exception would be The Big Break on The Golf Channel.

7. What movies do you always stop to watch no matter what?

How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

8. Whatmovies do you never stop to watch no matter what?

Anything with Madonna in it. No wait, Desperately Seeking Susan wasn't bad.

9. What songs/groups do you always stop for?

Right now, whenever I hear 'Nobody' by Skindred, I crank it up.

10. What songs/groups/music do you always switch off/away from?

Top 40 pop drivel.

11.What song(s) always makes you get misty/cry?

There isn't one. Music doesn't do that to men. It's a chick thing.

12. What TV show episode(s)/movie scene(s) make you get misty/cry?

ET phone home.

13. What TV show episode(s)/movie scene(s) make you laugh no matter how often you've seen it/them?

ET phone home.

14. What's the scariest scene/movie you've ever seen?

The mother and daughter are safe. The movie is over. And then Cujo comes through the kitchen window. I swear I nearly crapped my pants.

15. What movie/scene really offended you?

The Master of Disguise. It was so bad I was offended that it ever got made.

16. What movie that you thought you would dislike/or avoided altogether completely took you by surprise?

Moulin Rouge. I didn't know it was a musical when I rented it. When it started, I thought I would hate it. Halfway through I thought it sucked. By the end I was knocked out. I think it is one of the best movies ever made.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time enough for love is one of my all time favorites.  Stranger in a strange land is an astonishing experience too.

Anonymous said...

Heinlein is my all time favorite author... Time enough for Love is great! If you decide to read Stranger in a Strange Land, try to get the one where they added back in all the stuff they made him cut to publish it originally!! BTW, even his juveniles are good <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

sure... blame it on me!!!!  lol    some of your answers are expected... some are not....  but i am glad that i have a few "insights" - if i can call them that....  have a good one!!!  ray

Anonymous said...

#14 made me LMAO!!! You big wuss!

Anonymous said...

I want to read "Christmas Carol" now. "Oliver Twist" and the film-musical are long-time favourites./ Gotta look into this Skindred for mere name alone./Check out the 7 minute BMW Films' "Star" directed by Guy Ritchie - you'll have a sublime newfound respect for, maybe not her acting, but for Madonna's comic, gutsy performance./Grinch? That's it? You don't stop on anything more than once the other 11 months? Wish I had that ability lol/ M of D isn't that bad, it's target audience, I think, was for the 6 - 10 age bracket--and you try being hilariously funny after spending every available minute trying to get Mike Myers on the phone to pitch him your idea for Wayne's World 3 - The Search for Garth /With the exception of the not knowing it was a musical (you didn't know? lol), #16 could have been written by me-- Right on!
Continued in next Comment...

Anonymous said...


It is here that I must take issue with your response to number 11.
When I read this, my first response was I wanted to strap ya down with just a straw and a scalding hot pot of spicy tortilla soup and 24 hours of nothing but Manilow, but I thought it not only extreme but unnecessary. You probably just need your memory refreshed. Let me see if I can help...CATS IN THE CRADLE!! No, okay, how 'bout THE WRECK OF THE EDMUND FITZGERALD. Still no? Quite frankly, I'm surprised you had the audacity to write such a thing, especially in such a public forum. In this, the 21st Century, no less. I was compelled to merely crack wise, saying something like Oh that's so last century. Have we not evolved as a race, as a gender, any further than to give woman further reason to think us all emotionally devoid of genuine feelings. Men cry over touchdowns, homeruns, 21 gun salutes, and even sports blooper reels. There's never been a scene in a movie where the accompanying music had gave way to a little bluriness? Hell, I got misty the first time I saw the trailer for "Forrest Gump". It doesn't necessarily have to do with something sad, most scenes/songs that have an effect on me are those of happiness, a reunion, an expression, or realization on the part of the player. Please don't give our gender another hurdle to face, or their's "another notch in" their bitchin' "case" (the quoted phrase is a partial paraphrase of Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
Anyway, either I was pushed or I fell on my own accord off my soap box, and as its late, and the box is kind of worn...
Thanks again. It's all in good, harmless fun!
BTW, I found this quiz in me own tiny li'l mind!

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul-I agree with Lahoma...I like the answer to #14... Hope you didn't have the tutu on and those thongs?  :D
Sharon