Monday, December 6, 2004

Invocation revoked!

  I actually have an internet invocation story to tell you about. You all remember John Scalzi's Law Of Internet Invocation. Back in September, I wrote my own Internet Invocation entry (actually two) and I finally have a legitimate success to report. Well, sort of.
 
My Dad, it seems, has been reading my journal all along. He just never said anything before. I should have known better. He was the one who originally started me reading these silly things when he sent me a link to Jay's blog almost two years ago. He didn't mention it because he was trying to register an AIM account with a clever name in order to leave cryptic comments here. For three months. No word on whether it was the AIM sign-up part or the clever part that eluded him.
  I'm still waiting to hear from Mark Hamill.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL That's funny! So, how do you feel about Dad reading your journal?

Anonymous said...

okay, i'm here.

oh.

nevermind.

(hi to paul's dad!)

Anonymous said...

See, I don't believe it works reliably unless somebody "cheats." Your dad saw it because he was reading it anyway. Other people find something by Googling their own names. But if someone doesn't read the particular blog or Internet site, and doesn't do "vanity searches," how will they know about the invocaction unless someone deliberately tells the person? It would only arive via the Six Degrees route, and I'm not at all sure that you and Mark Hamill have friends of friends of friends of friends.

Karen

Anonymous said...

My kids read my entries, they also follow what I'm doing on ebay.....I know because my son calls and tells me to use a better camera!  So yes the internet is bringing us closer.....but I really don't know if I like it!....Sandi..http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/IJustHadToLaugh

Anonymous said...

Ewwww no parents or husbands aloud here!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nobody - NOBODY - among my family and friends, reads my Journal ... hell, I don't even read it!

Anonymous said...

Flora, you crack me up........ and a big hi to Paul's Dad. judi

Anonymous said...

I'm way too mysterious to let my screen name be known to family or friends...well...in the event I should make some....LOL