Friday, April 8, 2005

Who's scruffy lookin'?

Preview   I will commonly call Matthew or Shadow by fanciful nicknames. Very early on, Shadow became "Chooch," much to the amusement of my Italian-Canadian wife. Nicknames for Matthew are often simply the first gibberish word to come out of my mouth, with 'head' tacked on to the end of them: geeble-head, kurtch-head, fniggle-head, etc. I never accost my wife with this verbal absurdity. I'm not stupid.
   This morning, as Matthew was leaving for school, we were playing with Shadow for a few minutes. As we finished up, I said to the dog, "OK, that's it, Chupacabra."
   "Dad, that's me!" Matthew objected.
   I looked at him quizically, "you're a chupacabra?"
   He nodded.
   "OK," I asked, "let me get this straight. You are an evil, goat-sucking alien?"
   "Well," he replied, "I'm not an alien."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a bunch of names for Maggie and the two four-legged freaks. Keeps life interesting:)

Anonymous said...

I've actually met a few chupacabras, and their evil reputation is not well deserved. One lives in the forest near Monponsett, and he'll occasionally come over to watch football games or West Coast Choppers. Once you get used to their appearance, they're actually pretty cool to hang out with.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

From Lissa at www.stuffandjunk.com

Ha! Great entry! "Chooch"  was one of the MILD Italian words I learned in school! Hey, thanks for the link. Jay called me a 'link whore'. ME! I'm a link whore! Who knew?

Thanks Lissa.

Anonymous said...

Your kid is hilarious!
Is this artwork by you?
Thanks for the chuckle.
:)
Loretta

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Plus you get bonus points for any and all vague Star Wars references.  Good on ya.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that your son and dog need new hobbies, goat-sucking can't be healthy... or politically correct... in fact I'm sure it violates some kind of inter-species code or something... you might want to check into that.

Anonymous said...

like father like son, perhaps? Hmmmm*wink*

<3 Rachel

Anonymous said...

Down here in Florida we have people who swear these things are "real"..claiming that this thing has attacked their chickens, dogs, etc....it's right up there with the Yeti etc.....Sandi

Anonymous said...

LMAO@Dorns comment!!

Anonymous said...

LLOL!  What a great kid story!  I have a four-year-old Matthew who sounds a lot like yours.  

Anonymous said...

This is way too weird. I didn't think there was possibly anyone else on the planet that called their kids 'geeble-head'.  I just did a random search for geeblehead and your site is the only one that came up. We pronounce geeble as in "gee whiz". I had to forward this address to my wife so she could see it, too. lol