Friday, November 11, 2005

And a meme...

   Ok, so I'm at SINS' place, and she's been over to Tommy's, and brought back one of those meme thingies, right? It's based on some English radio program, where they ask what four CD's you'd want with you if you were stranded on a desert island. Also, they ask what eight individual songs you'd call must haves if you were making a mix CD to have with you on said desert island. No word on what palm tree you'd be plugging your CD player into, but I digress.
   I must say, I was happy to have four choices for albums. I'm used to the
Q107 desert island gig, where they limit you to three. Here are my choices:


What would be your Desert Island Discs?

1) Jeff Beck Band--Truth
2) Bob Marley--Legend
3) Rimsky Korsakov--Scheherezade
4) Pink Floyd--Meddle


8 Must have songs on a mix Cd on a Desert Island?

1) Led Zeppelin--Dazed and Confused (live version from the Soundtrack to The Song remains The Same)
2) The Band--The Weight
3) Dire Straits--Brothers In Arms
4) Eagles--The Last Resort
5) RUSH--2112
6) King Crimson--Epitaph
7) Jimmy Page and Robert Plant--Kashmir (from the album UNLEDDED)
8) Bruce Springsteen--Jungleland

   Wanna play? List your selections in your journal, and drop a link in the comments section here. Or, just list them in a comment. Whatever.

tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this one is sooooo right up my alley !  Liked your selections, Paul.  Gonna think this over and make a few of my own.  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

AWESOME LIST OF TUNES DUDE.

1) Led Zeppelin--Dazed and Confused (live version from the Soundtrack to The Song remains The Same)

3) Dire Straits--Brothers In Arms
4) Eagles--The Last Resort


7) Jimmy Page and Robert Plant--Kashmir (from the album UNLEDDED)

Notice I took out the ones I either never heard of, or didn't like.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Paul,
umm...great list....I would have to add Coldplay, Moustaki, maybe alittle blues.
Hugs, natalie