Monday, June 11, 2007

Something smells fishy here

Barry asked: "what do you do with tilapia than involves jarlesberg?"

Barry,
   Just this:
Tilapia Recipes. -With a couple minor differences. I season the fish with salt and pepper before I bread it. I then give it a generous spritzing with fresh lemon, and good sprinkling with dill. Then, because I can rarely find tilapia fillets thin enough to allow rolling, I either fold them over the cheese, and secure them with toothpicks, or, if they are very thick pieces of fish, I simply lay the cheese on top. I prefer not to do the latter, as the jarlsberg tends not to melt so much as get crispy, so it stays softer if it's in the middle.

   My favourite fish recipe, another one I found on the Internet, is one I call my 'thumbing my nose at the doctor' recipe. We're always being told we should eat more fish in order to help lower our cholesterol, so I went out and found a fish recipe that calls for four slices of bacon, and a quarter pound of butter.
   That slam you just heard was Dan's car door, as he rushes to the supermarket to buy hisself some rainbow trout, some onions, and big ol' bag of bacon. Look out, dog-cat. There might be leftovers.

Tags:
, ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I think I heard that car door all the way over here in NJ!!!  LOL  Yummy... except for the fish part.  

Hey... WHEN ARE YOU DOING THE BOOK MEME?????????

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Whoa...  Fish, bacon and butter?  And, then it's fried in bacon grease?  

I have a feeling the trout population has just started trembling.  I am so going to have to try this recipe.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/