Thursday, April 17, 2008

Album cover meme

   This has been languishing in my test journal for months. Originally, because I was having difficulty with uploading new pictures to AOL's ftp space, and then more recently because I've been lazy. Here's what you're s'posed to do:

1) Go to
Wikipedia. Click on the random article link. The title of whatever article you get will be your band name.

2) Go to
Quotationspage.com. Click on the random quotes link. Scroll to the bottom of the page. The last four words of the last quotation on the page will be your album title.

3) Go to
Flickr.com. Click on the interesting photos from the last seven days link. The third photograph on that page will be your album cover.

4) Employ your favourite image editing software.

5) Present to us your album cover.


So...

1) Wikipedia gave me the article,
Naval Intelligence Handbooks.

2) Quotationpage.com gave me the quotation, "Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world." --Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

3) Flickr.com gave me this photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thinklab/2199921086/

4) ::edit edit edit edit::

5) Here is my album cover:

Album Cover

   Many thanks to Thinklab for the excellent photograph. I hope he doesn't mind my appropriation of it for this meme. Stop by his photostream, why don't you, and check out his other impressive work.

via
Accordion Guy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that totally WORKS! The picture and the name of the album. Good one. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Hey...I did this on my blog. FUN! --Cin

Anonymous said...

Intriguing. That looks as good as any album cover I've seen.
Think I might try this one. I'll have to steal the instructions from you though, hope that's okay.

B.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and it's great that you gave credit to the photograper too. Must remember to do that myself.

B.

Anonymous said...

Winnar!  

http://thewisdomofadistractedmind.blogspot.com/2008/04/album-cover-meme.html

You're damn right I gave credit to the photographer.  When you see mine, you'll understand.  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

Here's mine:
http://journals.aol.co.uk/oddb0dkins/WaffleandWhinge/#Entry1997

Anonymous said...

I don't think I need a meme.  I'm very Stone Temple Pilots Sour Girl right now...it will pass, m a y b e.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Love it...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

 Great photo.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

I don't like the part about nicking someone's photo, but I got "Scare You the Most" by Graham Anthony.