Friday, May 6, 2005

Weekend Assignment

Weekend Assignment #58: Post one of your favorite mother/child pictures. This could be a picture of you and your mother (at any age), or a picture of you with your children (again, at any age), or even one of your spouse and kids. But it should be a mother who is important to you personally.

Extra Credit (this is an optional part of the assignment): Share a piece of fun trivia about your mom.

Preview    Welcome to Mother's Day weekend. John seemed a bit upset that he had possibly led some readers on by stating earlier that this weekend's assignment would be about teachers. He claims to have forgotten it was Mother's Day this weekend. I think he's in the clear, though, because who, really, was the most important teacher in your life? Gotta be Mom, right?
   Here are a couple of pictures that might just fit in with the Mother's Day theme. In the first one, you may recognise Matthew, being precocious as he is wont to do. At first glance, I thought he was giving a 'you da man!' kinda point, but upon further inspection, I suspect it is closer to a 'don't you dare take that picture' kinda point. He lost.
   He is sitting with his grandmother, my mother, at a friend's place on Christmas eve, and everybody seems to be in good spirits. I think it's a great shot.

Preview   The next one is another bit of fun. It was my birthday. You'd be able to tell if I hadn't cropped the cake out of the bottom of the frame. This is the obligatory 'Mom and Matt having fun tickling Dad Sears pose.' Sears poses are fun, we even did one for our wedding pictures. The photographer thought we were crazy when we ended up selecting it to put into our official wedding album. The next time you are taking family photos, throw in a Sears pose or two. You won't regret it.

Extra Credit: My mother once backed into a parked truck. Her excuse: it was the same colour as the sky. I kid you not.

   Oh, yeah. Happy Mother's Day.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nic photos, but um, "Sears pose?"  What might that be? - Karen

Anonymous said...

    That's definitely a "you better not"  look on your son's face.  I remember that one well, from my kids younger years! Tina

Anonymous said...

Great photos, I got some of mine posted to...much to my moms demise ("Rachel...no one wants to see my face. Not now, not ever. Why the hell am I on the internet?") hee. And...am I right in my assumption of a "Sears" pose being one of those fake action shots that look like they cam eout of a Sears Cataloug? Kinda like that one skit on the "whose line is it anyway" show....i think. Hm...

A very Happy Mothers day to your wife!

<3 Rachel

Anonymous said...

Nice haircut, Paul.    I didn.t know Himmlr's barber was still alive.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul :)

What a great entry! I enjoyed this very much.

Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

Good photos, maybe one day I'll get a scanner...I'm limited in the photo arena...your son is cute....Sandi

Anonymous said...

YAY! You finally shared some photo's of something besides your dog and your feet. I love them, but isn't it funny how when you finally see a photo of someone and turns out, they're nothing like the image you had of them? ::shrug::: Nice looking family you have there Paul.

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Love the Sears pose.  Priceless.

Ana  ((0.~))

Anonymous said...

you're right - no other more important as a teacher -

great post and pics - sir pauleth...

Anonymous said...

PAUL...I HAD NO IDEA YOU ARE SO HANDSOME...A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY AND YOUR MOTHER LOOKS SO DEAR...YOU ARE VERY FORTUNATE...CMP

Anonymous said...

cute!
natalie