Thursday, August 26, 2004

The dog days of summer

Pat and I have been talking about getting a dog. Today, she was browsing the OSPCA website, and she came across this picture:

They have a litter of Border Collie/Australian Shepherd cross puppies available. So off we go, to the OSPCA headquarters to look at them; where we find that in order to "adopt" a poor animal from the shelter, we must fill out a three page questionaire, and schedule an appointment with a pet placement counselor, in order to determine our suitability to save an animal from possible future euthanasia. Not to mention the "nominal" "adoption fee" of $262.50 we'd be required to pay.

So I say, "hey. Why don't we just put the word out with everybody we know that we're lookin' for a puppy, and wait until we hear from a friend of a friend, that they have a friend who's sister's boyfriend's mother's dog had a litter of doberman/chihuahua crosses that need a good home?"

We have an appointment with the pet placement counsellor tomorrow at 12:30.

 

edited much later: I noticed I had spelled the word counsellor two different ways in this post, so I edited it to make them both the same (with only one L). It didn't seem to look right, so I edited it again to make them both the same (with two Ls). Still didn't look right, so I got out the dictionary. Turns out both ways are acceptable, so I've changed it back to the way I originally posted it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Ok, I finally found out what kind of dog it is, with no thanks to you Paul. My God man, You really have a thing about spelling, don't you? LOL

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

It looks really cuuute... hope the counselling went well :D
Valerie