Friday, March 4, 2005

Google is useless!

query: patton
market: en-ca

I searched for Patton Pending, I got an American Page. I search Patton pending.canada and got junk, I searched How to patton, I searched patton,how. I searched paton idea.and patton idea, canada. I put as many things I could think of to find a page that would give me information on how to patton an idea. The only one I found was an American, patton agent who only did American pattons. I wish you would make searched easier. I rarely find what I search for. I alway get inappropriate material or material that is for the US only. A search is not much use if you fail to find everything but what you want. I should have been able to put down "patton pending" and get items that dealt with patton information. even if it was information on how to find the right page I want. I am just about ready to get rid of my internet connection. If I'm not going to get the answers I want, then I might as well go to the liberary.

I stole this from James Randi, although it wasn't originally his anyway. Whoever wrote this was obviously using too specific a search criteria. He should have requested information on a more general patton.


(Almost) 100 things about me updated 8:00pm

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it patent?  LOL

Anonymous said...

I am agog.  And possibly aghast.  Sounds like Google needs to make its "Did you mean to look up..." engine even more idiot-proof.

And here I thought "Patton Pending" would make a clever blog name for one of General George's descendants.

My favorite part of the above is:

"A search is not much use if you fail to find everything but what you want."


Karen

Anonymous said...

I came all the way here expecting puppy pictures and this is all I get?!?!  Humpf!  Sheila  ::wink::

Anonymous said...

I learned a long time ago that spell check doesn't work if you can't spell the word you're trying to spell.  Earlier I was trying to spell 'syncronized' and I had to respell it about 4 times before my spell check could figure out what I was trying to spell in order to correct me.

Anonymous said...

lol
at first i really though you were serious !!
this is a classic hehhe
pamela

Anonymous said...

HI! I WROTE A POEM AND I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR ENTRY, BUT COULD YOU STOP BY SOMETIME AND READ IT?

http://journals.aol.com/ess321/MYJOURNAL

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! It's the same problem with the card thingy at the liberary. You just can't find anything!! This was great! Penny

Anonymous said...

Totally agree!  Never gets me where I want to go!  How can these guys be billionaires?

Anonymous said...

I AGREE! Google never has the information you really need! at least not where u can find it!