Thursday, March 10, 2005

Turn about is fair play

   Several people have volunteered to be asked five tough questions. Now, I am no professional television producer/director/interviewer, but I have done my best to come up with some questions that might be relevant to those hearty souls.

   To Karen, I sent these five questions:

1) What specific piece of your writing are you most proud of, and why?

2) As a science fiction/fantasy fan and writer, and a Catholic, what is your take on the evolution vs. creation controversy?

3) You recently returned to college as a mature student and completed your degree/diploma. What was the best part of that experience? What was the worst part?

4) Leaving aside the fantasy genre, what hard science fiction work of literature has most influenced you, and why?

5) Sam Beckett or Jonathan Archer? Why?

   Stay tuned to Musings from Mavarin for her responses. If you don't know who Sam Beckett or Jonathan Archer are, I'm sure she'll elaborate.

   Simon also has expressed the opinion that I am no Barbara Walters, and that he has no fear of anything I might ask him. Here are his questions:

1) Which young and foolish activity do you look back upon with embarrassment and chagrin? Full details please.

2) If you were to be tragically taken from your family tomorrow, how would your wife describe you to your son when he is grown up?

3) The Lions of Al Rassan has recently been optioned by a major motion picture studio. What other novel would you most like to see given a movie treatment? What novel that you like should absolutely never be made into a movie, and why?

4) You have lived in Ontario and Alberta. What is your take on the East/West Canadian political debate.

5) What is the better second movie, Wrath of Khan or Empire Strikes Back, and why?

   Don't stray too far from Simian Farmer over the next few days. You don't want to miss a thing.

   Amy also offered to participate. Her journal, Hippies in Yuppieland is private. I have not reproduced her questions here. If you are on her readers list, you will see them. If you are not, tough luck.

   Rachel has offered to participate. I'm not as familiar with her as I am with the others, so I am going to defer her questions until I have had an opportunity to peruse her journal, Rachel's Warm Fuzzies, in some more depth.

   Shed The Shell (I'm sorry, I don't know your name) didn't want to wait. She ran with the same questions I answered. Her answers are here.

  And there you have it. Another detestable LiveJournal 'meme' has been released into the wilds of AOL J-land. I am truly sorry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just finishing reading your own interview and the comments of others when you posted this one. Detestable beast you have released here. Or, you could look at it as an interesting way to ask the questions to people who might not have ever thought of the topic for their own journal. Vicious beast maybe, sometimes, just a simple excuse for a journal entry. Bonus, sometimes they are even entertaining.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul, do me!  Do me!

Anonymous said...

Ask away ... I would LOVE to play !!   Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Hey, I answered your follow-up, or should I say redirect? - Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin/entries/1616

Anonymous said...

I'm off to check out Karen's answers, great questions you asked, you must be a regular reader of her blog!  

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl