Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Meta blogging at its finest

   I can't seem to finish a blog post to save my life these days, so in the most venerable tradition of blogging around the world, in order to post something so as to keep the blog active, here is a list of unfinished blog entries in my test journal.

1) A meme called the ABCs of Life that I found at Cin's place. I just picked it up from her today, and haven't had time to look at it yet. I do remember beginning to formulate my own responses to its questions as I read Cin's, but who knows if I'll actually remember them by the time I get around to completing it.

2) A meme that's making the rounds everywhere I look right now called Five things about me you probably didn't know.
Mike tagged me a few days ago, and I've been struggling with it. I'm up to four.
   So far I've seen three people, who I might otherwise have tagged, find it somewhere else and complete it, whilst I muddle along, trying to come up with five things that aren't completely inane. Perhaps I should just take
Simon's cue and pick the five grossest things I can think of and have done with it.

3) Weekend assignment: Cats or Cheese - there can be only one! Oh, well. I guess I can delete this one.

4) Spam e-mail subject lines that caught my eye. This one may never see the light of day.

5) Statutory holidays - why?

6) There is no sixth thing.

7) A skeptical post about statistical significance that I abandoned after it became evident (sorry for that) that it was borrrrrrinnggg! Simon, who could write about shredded paper bags and make it interesting, offered to have a look at it and make suggestions. After he read it, he rescinded his offer. "You're on your own, pal," he said, or something very similar.

8) A Guide to Selecting a Chick Flick. This was a brilliant idea almost eight weeks ago, but writing it didn't fit into my schedule at the time, and inspiration eventually left me, and it, by the roadside. I may get back to it if Teh Funny one day comes back by and kisses me on the butt.

9) Did you know...? Currently sitting at two items. Not enough to turn it into a real blog entry.

10) It's about money. An article about how most Christian organisations in America consciously choose not to pursue avenues traditionally associated with the teachings of Jesus because there is not enough money in it. This one's been sitting there since September, and I don't know if I can generate the vitriol necessary to do it justice.

11) A most outrageous fairy tale. Started in March of 2005 for a Judith Heartsong artsy essay contest. I completed a chapter, and kind of lost my way. Another one I will probably never return to.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know why I just throw my hands up in the air and post a picture of a hunk of cheese.  But, I was thinking about that ABC's meme, as well as the Five Things.  

I'd love to see your spin on Nos. 8 & 10 for what it's worth.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

#2--Hey, you only have one more to go. C'mon, you can do it. Thinking of disgusting things is a good idea. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Time to hit the delete button... give the beginning of the chick flick one to Dan... let him finish it... he has Teh Funny

be well,
Dawn

ps... I do this too!  I think I will do the meme's!

Anonymous said...

Hey, my #5 wasn't that gross.  Kinda sappy, mebbe.  And for what it's worth, it's been over a decade since I tried that cheeseburger thing.  Still, I betcha I could still swing it.

Simon

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I know a good topic. What about the bible book burning that is going on at Youtube?  Its kindof like the blasphemy challenge that went on last month. Brett Keane started this. He has now blocked me from commenting,lol. And prior to this, I soon discovered he was deleting specific comments where I left a logical response. He left the ones that he could debate,lol...anyway, he erks me.   The other Atheist vbloggers on Youtube dont censor or block, so they have my complete respect.  ~Raven

Do you think burning the bible is OK? One guy in particular, created a good argument. here is his link ~ http://youtube.com/watch?v=ocli_vMW_Rc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu3CSbXXqWc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xTS7V-_3Owk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2n-uUzvF8s

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to kiss Paul's butt with teh funny.

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

This may have been a fill-in post for you, but I rather enjoyed it.  It reminded me of an evening many years ago that my sister, Barb, and I sat around and made up titles for likely sounding articles/essays.  Mind you, we had no plans to actually *write* anything, we just thought up titles that would grab our attention if they *had* been articles or essays.  The only one I still remember is "I Am NOT A Brick Wall!"  It sounded very profound at the time.  I mean, wouldn't you read something with that title?  Hmmm....  Maybe I should use that as a title to a journal entry someday.  Then all that thinking (and no, we hadn't been drinking that night), wouldn't be for nought.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages