Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday Photo Shoot

I have never participated in a Monday photo shoot before. Thought it was time I did. No time like the present, they all seem to say.

Well, here we are in the middle of a hot and sultry summer: What better time to remember the crisp, cool days of winters past?

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Cool down on a hot summer day by posting one of your favorite pictures from winters past.

Matt_shovels_it   Here is a picture of Matthew proudly displaying his handiwork. He shovelled the entire driveway himself, without being asked. I thought I'd better take a picture, because I didn't think anybody would believe me when I told them.
   I had no idea what prompted him to do it, until I watched him for a few minutes. He would pick up a shovel full of snow at one end of the driveway, and walk all of the way up to the other end to deposit it. I eventually realised he was putting all the snow in the same place. He was stockpiling for future snow fort building activities. Suddenly the look on his face in this photo makes sense.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love it!  He is adorable!

Be well!

Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Oh yeah...I posted a new entry about blockhead hubbies...you might get a chuckle - I hope!

Anonymous said...

Snow? What's that? ;) >P

Anonymous said...

I was forced to leave the cool confines of my home office today and into the sweltering heat wave outside. Snow, sounds like a beautiful thing. Thank you for sharing this teaser with us!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

great pic - I miss the snow! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Love the winter photo but mostly love the eyebrow thing in your about me photo!
                                   *** Coy ***


http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you know they're up to something when they voluntarily do some kind of chore without you having to say something about it.

Great photo!

Anonymous said...

I could have gone another year without seeing snow. I remember the day Matthew did this. Didn't know you took a pic though.

Anonymous said...

great shot Paul!  :-)

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

He's hired to shovel my driveway :)
Betty

Anonymous said...

ah - this is great!

i think i'll post too...

Anonymous said...

Hello again........I wouldn't mind a little bit of snow down here in Georgia. I would love a little bit of snow for a day........