Saturday, July 16, 2005

Some quick silliness

stolen from Skatje.

1. Take the lyrics to a favorite song.
2. Go to Google Language Tools, tranlate the lyrics into German, then from German to French, and finally from French back into English.
3. Post the results verbatim.
4. Invite friends to guess the song based on the interesting new lyrics.

   Under the city two strike the machines of heart of hearts, which per night thus offers in the race of rooms to be slept, which by whispering the soft refusal closed with key is and given then in the uptown of tunnel have the rat dreamer that it cuts down, whereas projectiles to the bottom it halls in the night aucunes clock, if the ambulance drawing aside or, whereas the girl concludes from the light of room to be laid down outside road on fires in material deathwaltz enters, which real meat and which to the bottom here imagination and the poets are, nothing all writes back and him right all echoes and in the fast night they during their moment to reach and test, with the form, but it rollings up not even completely this night in Jungleland wounded an honest place upwards

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! I thought I knew a lot of songs. If no one figures it out, you might have to offer a clue! It's fascinating how much is lost in translation. My brief study in metaphors goes a long way in explaining the phenomenon. So much of our language is based on conceptual metaphors not shared by all cultures. Songs are largely comprised of metaphorical language. OK, I'm a geek. I'm done now.

http://journals.aol.com/easuess/madsecretary

Anonymous said...

Bruuuuuuce ????????????????

Anonymous said...

Couldn't quite figure this one out until that word near the end that probably didn't translate at all, then it all fell into place.  

Quite an interesting game.  The final results can be quite funny.  It easy to understand when you think of how many different words often mean basically the same thing.  I played along and posted a song at my journal...
http://journals.aol.com/fdtate714/sottovoce/entries/1706

Anonymous said...

that's going to lead to a whole load of deeply enjoyable wasted time!  I have to say I got it in the first few words, but probably because it's one of my all time favourite songs: I just love the poets ending up wounded and not even dead.  

Anonymous said...

I think you have too much time on your hands...Courtenay

Anonymous said...

I put mine in my neglected LJ:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/mavarin/26629.html

It's pretty obvious, I think.  I have no clue on yours.

Karen

Anonymous said...

THunder Road, Bruce Springsteen or maybe, Born to Run???

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

That was pretty interesting...here's a link to mine http://journals.aol.com/lioneyes4you/MyMochaTime/entries/591