Thursday, October 20, 2005

Various links to check out

CarnivAOL: The call has gone out for new submissions. Not sure what it's all about? Click on the link and investigate.

Sweet Fern Lane: Amy has updated her Earth Mother's Cupboard page. She now offers natural products for bath, body and home. I know Christmas is still a ways off, but you need to allow for shipping and stuff. I ordered some of her pot-pourri last year. It was the best pot-pourri I have ever seen (or smelled).

The Revenant: Picked this one up in a chat one night. Every time you click in, you are presented with a different, random poem about autumn. The poet's name is Mara Broadway. I don't know her. edit: according to Sandi, I do know her. I read her journal.

The Fridge: Speaking of poetry, try creating some of your own out of this virtual fridge magnet poetry set. Have fun.

Where's Willy? ® 2.0: Track the paper money that leaves your wallet as it moves from spender to spender across the country. For Americans there is a Where's George version.

The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns & Fairies Index: The complete text of the 1893 book.

The Infinite Cat Project: Really cool.

BookCrossing: If you loved a book, and wish others could love it too...

What's wrong with this picture?: I still haven't figured this one out.

Ninjai: The Little Ninja: An ongoing flash cartoon. Extremely well done. NSFW.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: the Scientific Case for Common Descent: The title is pretty self explanatory.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster: May you be touched by his noodly appendage.

   There, that's a dozen links for you to explore. But don't waste the whole day on it, eh?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

COol!  Thanks for the new stuff to check out!  Btw, check out my poetry journal sometime if you have a chance...I would love to hear your comments since I respect your writing so much!

Be well,
Dawn

http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/TouchofEmpathy/

Anonymous said...

If you like cat pics and obviously you do - you have to go to mycathatesyou.com

it is great!

Be well,
Dawn

http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/TouchofEmpathy/

Anonymous said...

Ok...that 'what's wrong with this pic' was just wrong, okay...wrong.  I may have to stop drinking coffee now...until my heart calms down...

Not nice...

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

That one is scary...got me back for my story! I have to get my stuff together for the CarnivAOL....Good list....Oh Mara Broadway is I have Tea...she is extremely talented....Sandi  http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Pimping Paul, I pimped ya back.  In return, ya scared the piss outta me.  The ONLY link i clinked on above was "the one you still couldn't figure out."  I actually jumped in my seat and got goosebumps.  And I think I uttered an "ack" cuz the dogs came scampering in to protect me from the beast.  bad, paul, bad.  i shoulda known, though, i shoulda known....debra

Anonymous said...

In Re: Mara Broadway... what's her Journal's addy?  

Anonymous said...

those fridge magnet sets are nifty...I got a few sets as a an 'apartment' warming gift back when, and since then, someone always puts the words in naughty phrases.

~Rachel