Thursday, June 8, 2006

There's no sight she'd rather see...

   Amanda's been people watching again. This time, she's doing it in the car:
There is always the classic singer-slash-song writer. Their windows are rolled up, but you can still hear the music from 2 car lengths away. Their hand is tapping off beat because they have no rhythm . . . this is your next American Idol. The second they think someone has spotted them, the get all serious and act nonchalantly as if it had never been going on, they give it 2 or 3 minutes and just go back to the same old Celine Dion impression as before.
   She's hit the old nail on the head there. That is so me. Except there ain't no Celine Dion playing in my car. Sure, she's Canadian, but Vegas can keep her. No really, it's no problem. Just put it on our tab.
   These days, if you pass me on the highway, belting out a tune, it'll be either
Bedouin Soundclash, or The Trews; two new Canadian bands that we'll keep, thank you very much. (Both of those websites have music samples available for your listening pleasure. On the Bedouin Soundclash site, click the "media" link. On The Trews site, click on the "myspace" link.)
   Other than the musical selection, however, Amanda has pretty much nailed the description. I can commonly be seen singing lustily...until I realise someone is watching me. Then I go straight to the nose picking. It's a lot less embarrassing. I'll be tapping off beat too, because I have no rhythm. I don't have any illusions about being the next
Canadian Idol, though. The music is up loud enough to be heard two cars away for a reason. I have to drown out my own voice. It's that bad.
   I used to sing in the shower, until my darling wife asked me to stop. I believe the words, "for the love of God" may have been employed, but I can't be sure as there was soap in my ears. It may have been something less polite.
   You know that look of complete disdain that you can only get from a cat? Yes, so do I.

Tags:,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmnnn..I'd like to hear more about Amanda...I think she's GOT to BE WAY more interesting than YOU, Nanook.  (j/k)

xoxoxo,
andi who sees...EVERTHANG!

Anonymous said...

You calling your wife a cat?  Does she read this site?

(But, um, guilty as charged also.)

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

LOL  I cracked up when I read Amanda yesterday... I am totally singing like crazy too... and loud, if the kids will let me turn it up!  I am usually listening to something 80's if I am singing, or something pop and new...lol  

I haven't rec'd the look from the cat, I know the look though, you poor thing.  That is assuming you weren't calling your wife a cat!  lol

be well,
Dawn

http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

ps... Tomorrow is my son's day to be a Canadian at his world travel day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Brenda, and I to am a car singer. But I do have my windows rolled up. LoL

Good entry Mr. I-will-sing-in-the-shower.....

Brenda
http://journals.aol.com/xomywayox/BrendasWay/

Anonymous said...

I guess there's no chance she will ever get you a Karaoke Machine huh?  heh!

Anonymous said...

loo I love the shower bit!
nat