Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday carnival info

   In what is becoming a regular post for me every second Thursday, I would like to now call your attention to two matters:

1)
The latest edition of the Skeptics' Circle has been published at Autism Diva.

2) I am actively seeking submissions for the next edition of
CarnivAOL, to be published next Tuesday. Get your e-mailed submissions to me by Sunday at Midnight to be included. For more information about CarnivAOL, go there and read all about it.

tags:
, , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul, this is probably going to sound like a dumb question but if a person is an atheist, i.e. does not believe in the existence of any deity, do they still have a moral conscience? What about lying, stealing, cheating, murder and all of the other things that are actually harmful to other human beings? How does an atheist feel about those things and what do they teach their children?
I'm agnostic, meaning I do not know if there is a god or not. Whenever we look at the history of religion we see nothing but bigotry and bloodshed. Yet, when I read the Ten Commandments in Exodus, I feel all the laws are "good" for people but the ones who seem to break them most are the religious leaders themselves.
What do you think the world would be like if everyone suddenly became atheist?
Dianna