Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween


OK, first things first. Happy Halloween! Matt and I carved pumpkins today, and I think we were both quite happy with the way they came out. Later, Pat took Matt out with three of his friends to go trick or treating. I stayed home to hand out the loot to all the little kiddies. Boy, was I disappointed. There were very few little kiddies. Most of the kids who came to the door had to be in their teens. I have created a few new rules for future Halloweens:
1) Never give out candy to people with visible piercings.
2) Never give out candy to people who are taller than you.
3) Take a look through the candy first so you don't give out all the good stuff and have nothing but Glosette raisins left over.

Here are the boys: three hobos and a scarecrow. Matt is the only one who shaved today. I'm not sure how we ended up with three hobos. The boys all insist they didn't plan it that way. Later in the night Matt pulled the fake straw out of his sleeves and pantlegs and said he was a hobo too.


Also, a couple of new puppy pictures. Shadow is now four months old, and we have had him for two. He weighs in at over thirty-five pounds. No lap dog here! Here is a picture from August 28th of Shadow with his stuffed toy husky, and a picture from October 28th of the same. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job on the pumpkins! Man, that dog has really gotten big! I can't believe his toy is still in tack. lol

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.
Here is rule #4: NEVER give treats to teens who march up to your door with a lit cigarette hanging from their mouth, no costume, and then putting the cig out in your herb garden.
(Yes, this really did happen.)
Loretta

http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LupusLeftovers/ <- Life with Lupus
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LorettasStudio  <--Loretta's Studio
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/FindingaVoice/ <--Finding a Voice

Anonymous said...

The pumpkins are scary, the only pumpkin I like is pumkin pie or the seeds. Everything else about them can go bye bye. Your kids (I hope im assuming right) are just absolutely dolls... My best friend and I during 7th grade dressed up for school, she was a hobo and I was an angel (we got the full back page of the yearbook) hehe... but they just reminded me of that. I also noticed that everyone is too old to be trick or treating, and not so many kids go out so much anymore (at least now where I live)... I must admit though... I give more candy to the cuter kids with the costumes I like more (I know, Bad Brandi Bad).

Brandi
http://journals.aol.com/brandilynneliz/SomethingNew

Anonymous said...

Cute puppy!!! We did the same with our little girl. I have pictures taken of her over the course of her first year taken with the same little stuffed toy. When we first got her the toy was almost as big as her, now it looks so tiny <g>