Monday, November 1, 2004

The Return of Tennis Elbow

   Some of you may remember my entry of several months ago about Tennis Elbow. Due to the affliction in my left elbow, I was forced to forego playing golf for the entire summer this year. I was disappointed about that, but the fact that rehabilitation appeared to be successful prior to the start of the curling season somewhat mitigated my consternation. (I felt better)
   Now, barely four weeks into the 2004/2005 curling season I am being bothered by Lateral Epicondylitis once again; in my right elbow! In keeping with AOL's policy of allowing mild profanity in journals I feel somewhat safe in expostulating: "Drat! Egad! Gee Wiz!" You can see that I'm upset. This game might actually be the death of me. Worse, I might have to go as far as admitting that I'm getting old and have to slow down.
   Never! I will not go gentle into that dark night. I will rage, rage against my body's weakened plight. At least until someone says, "shut up you annoying old man."

   Some of you may also have noticed that I have joined in on the trend of putting a close-up photograph of a part of my face in the about me section of my journal. Rest assured that my participation in this fashion ensures its immediate falling out of favour with the blogging community. Almost certainly, the best bloggers removed their close-up photos several weeks ago, with the trendy quicker picker uppers to follow suit very rapidly. If you are still brandishing such a photo in your blog, you may want to remove it in short order before the cool kids start to point and laugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a case of tennis elbow once and I actually got it playing tennis.  I however was young at the time only twenty two and I continued through great pain to play softball.  I did however pay dearly for it every time I had to swing the bat.  It took a long time to heal and occasionally I find myself hurting it all over again.  Thanks for continuosly making the boards humorous.
Cindy
http://journals.aol.com/cltaylor2/AlostRedneck

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha... at least we got to see some of your face "today"... I am sure everyone is pointing and laughing, not at the photo though but at you not being able to play tennis (ha, I'm only playing)... actually I can't play tennis worth a darn, but I LOVE IT.. hope you can play soon :)

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Tennis Elbow:  Due to the affliction in my right elbow I was forced to forego playing golf, tennis, basketball, baseball and tennis for the entire rest of my life.  I was disappointed about that.  What will I do with my spare time now?

Anonymous said...

thank you for the fashion tip.  I'm sticking with what I've got, regardless-- since I haven't written in ages, it matters not.  Hope the elbow starts behaving.