Friday, August 25, 2006

It's another questions meme...

1. A month before it happens you're told you're going to lose your memory. How do you prepare for it and do you attempt to regain what you've lost?

Frame a cop for my wife's murder and leave myself numerous vague clues tattooed on my body to lead me to him later, when I don't remember what happened. No, wait, that was a movie I once saw. 

2. How do you describe your outlook on life?

It's better than the alternative. 

3. You fall in love with your soulmate, decide to get married, and then find out that person is going to die soon. Do you marry them anyway?

Yes.

4. What are three of your favorite ice cream toppings?

Chocolate chips, chocolate brownie, and chocolate sauce. All on chocolate ice cream, of course. 

5. Is there one article of clothing you love to wear no matter how out of style it is?

I have no style. I wear jeans and t-shirts. And runners. 

6. Is there one color you wish would go away in fashion?

I could care less? I don't think so. 

7. What's the first department you head to when you go shopping in a department store?

TVs. Then candy. Later, women's underwear. I'm lying, of course. I don't actually go shopping. 

8.How far away do you live from your parents?

It's a twenty minute drive. In a car, that is. I'm not sure how long it would take in a horse drawn buggy. Pretend that's relevant.

9. Growing up, who was your favorite cartoon character?

Oh, wow. Test the old memory cells, will you? I can't honestly remember. I watched a lot of cartoons. Scooby Doo? Merrie Melodies? The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour? I'm gonna go with the last one, as I watched it with me Grand Dad all the time. I always rooted for the underdog. Go Coyote! 

10. You plan a romantic evening and everything goes wrong, including the fancy dinner you burned. What do you do?

Go with the flow, baby. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? Well, there's always Joe's hair.  

11. What's the last thing you bought at the store?

Today I bought some books. More about that in a future entry. 

12. Have you ever walked out in the middle of a movie?

No. We go to the theater so rarely that we're pretty sure about what we want to see before hand. Marginal movies get the veto right quick like. They come out on video in three months anyway. 

13. What celebrity do most people say you look like?

I don't believe I have ever been compared to a celebrity. Readers? 

14. Is there any piece of jewelry you always wear?

No. Almost always?...yes. I take even my engagement and wedding rings off if I am doing any heavy work. 

15. Have you ever tried to pick someone up?

All the time. I'm generally successful, too. See, I estimate their weight first, and then decide whether to exert the effort or not. 

16. What's the one thing you always manage to lose on your way out the door?

My mind? Oh, no, I found that. It was under the sink.

17. Out of these creatures which one are you most afraid of:
A.) Snakes
B.) Spiders
C.) Rodents

Spiders, no question. Creepy crawlies are the only thing that really get to me. You know those really big millipedes that move like lightning? E
uagh!!

18. What's the last gift you bought for a friend?

Bought my wife a wine funnel in Ottawa last week.

19. Do you ever buy people things for no reason?

Bought my wife a wine funnel in Ottawa last week. 

20.What's your favorite way to spend a lazy summer afternoon?

Bought my wife a wine funnel  Sorry, got stuck in a loop there. Right now I'm having a blast building this dog house.

via: Behind Hazel Eyes

tags:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...Great answer!!
I'm gonna try this!

Stevie
:-)

Anonymous said...

I think we should all dare Joe to jump on the Scalzi bandwagon and shave his head.

Anonymous said...

Great answers. By the way how is the dog house coming? Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

14 - You got an engagement ring?  Lucky!

13 - Michael Douglas from the flick, Falling Down.

Compare the recent Monday Photo Shoot entry to this picture, and it's bloody uncanny, I tell you!!
http://www.brummieblogs.com/2006/BBMay2006_files/image021.jpg

or maybe this one:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/5907/auto3.GIF

Simon

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think Mike's gonna regret that hairstyle choice for the rest of his career. On the other hand, my gun does look exactly like that.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Gotta love jeans and t-shirts! Whoop Whoop!

Have a lovely weekend.

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Ok,,,your answers were hysterical.....I thinking loosing memory would be grand, at least you never have to worry about mental baggage but I would film my kids,,,that would be the only memory I would need to have,,,,,I wish I could be more like a guy,,,john you enjoy building your doghouse....I hate putting batteries in new toys,,,I cant relate but wish I could

Anonymous said...

1. Hmm....make a scrapbook, I spose. Take lots of pictures. Sleep with a few rockstars, streak, do anything and everything that would make my mother cringe..and make sure I've videotaped all of the above so I can replay them all the time.

2. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

3. Of course.

4. Whipped Cream, maraschino cherries, and caramel topping

5.I have this one gray skirt that looks tattered on purpose, but its made out of jersey cotton and very cozy so I'll wear it till it has unfixable holes in it.

6. I don't think so....

7. Clearence racks, electronics, music, books.

8. Not far enough! (kidding)... about 15 minutes.

9. Hello Kitty, Tweety Bird..Ariel, from the Little Mermaid. I still have the soundtrack to that movie.

10. This actually has happened, and we ended up getting pizza, taking a walk, and going for a swim instead. I think he knew what he was getting into when I told him I was a shitty cook.  

11. A poster of a hammock on the beach.

12. No, even if the movie was awful I'd sit through it because it costs so much to go to the theatre by me these days.

13. I've had someone compare me to Scarlet Johannsen, and someone else compare me to Audrey Hepburn. I think they both need to compare prices of eye exams.

14. my class ring, 2 birthstone rings, and a claddaugh ring.

15. Oh yeah. Am I always succesful at picking up said people? Oh no.

16. Sunglasses.

17. I'm not really afraid of any of them actually, but spiders are the worst things on the list, so I guess that makes it choice B

18. I bought Holly and Jon and Kenny all drinks at the bar. The gift of alcoholism.

19. if they deserve it..?

20. Without a doubt, at the beach.

-Rach

Anonymous said...


Great Answers!

Mine are here:  http://patricks-place.blogspot.com/2006/08/20-questions.html

Patrick