Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Because Dan ain't got nothin'

   Alright, you crybabies. Quit yer complainin'. Here I am, and here's an entry for you. A good friend sent this to me via e-mail. See how many you can get without using Google. I claim a score of eight out of twelve, although I got kinda creative on the last one. If you want the answers, let me know, and I will e-mail them to you.

Quiz for  VERY trivial-minded people!
 
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

5. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

6. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

7. Only three words in Standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

8. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the Los Angeles Lakers?

10. There are 7 ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls (a walk) is one way. Name the other 6.

11. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

12. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

tags:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gadzooks!  That makes my brain itch...  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

uh..stepping back.. this is awork for Princess Aurora! or Monponsett! er.. Dawn????
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

(Awww, I like that 'good' qualifier there, sugar!)

~E

Anonymous said...

1.  Soccer played at the Canadian National Institute for the Blind.

2.  Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk.

3.  Bush & Cheney.

4.  Gangsta Drive-by.

5.  The Artist Formerly known as Prince.

6.  It was eaten by the genie.

7.  I call them George and Mary.

8.  Yes I can.

9.  In the third word.

10.  No.

11.  Probably not corn.

12.  One sock, two sock, red socks, blue socks.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

Someone complains about your not making an entry, and you give them this?   You have an evil mind!
Lori

Anonymous said...

# 12 is alllll me!

1. Socks
2. Shoes
3. Slippers
4. Sandals
5. Slingbacks (a classic heel)
6. Stillettos (my favorite)
. . . and . . .
7.Stockings (a fancy sock)

Have a lovely day!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

I would love it if you would send me the answers.... I think I did really good on this....

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey...I need the answers!!
Phoenix
http://journals.aol.co.uk/phoenix71011/Phoenix/

Anonymous said...

I want the answers toooo!!!!  
Im not really demanding.  Im just out of my medication.

~Terry Ü

Anonymous said...

aw gosh! I need to go back to school! lol!
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

I'd answer but too busy eating strawberries.  CATHY