Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Catmas is coming

 

   Joey DeVilla (A.K.A. Accordion Guy) reminds us that the first Friday in October - this coming Friday, the sixth - is the annual internet holiday, BlogACatMas (this year shortened to just Catmas - I prefer the older name as it is more descriptive), the day upon which every blogger is supposed to post a picture of their cat. Bacon and or vacuums not required.
   To help promote Catmas, and the profile of cats everywhere, they have started a new
Catmas blog. Head on over to Catmas.com to see all the same old cat pictures, videos and jokes that you've already seen a hundred times in those stupid e-mail chain letters that everyone insists on forwarding to everybody in their address books, thereby clogging up people's inboxes with useless junk, wasting valuable time, and reducing people's efficiency all over the world.
   Hmmm, I seem to have inadvertently turned that into a semi-incoherent rant. Oh well, as they say, "there's no going back."

   No, I don't know who they are.

Captioning of photo via:
Captioner: Add captions to your digital photographs!

tags:
, , ,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cat is adorable!!!  I have 2 cats... so I have to post 2 pics right???

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Your cat should be my #1 . . . hehehe . . . to cute.

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

I think I sat in that chair.

And did you realise that this post amounts to the blog equivalent of the same stupid email chain letters you just finished nearly ranting about?  Put THAT on your post and scratch it!

Simon

Anonymous said...

Yeah, really 'meta' of me, eh? Whatever the hell that means.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
What a beautiful kitty you guys have! sigh
natalie

Anonymous said...

cats do nothing for me...just cute...and just cute doesnt work...my kids had one...she was held 20 hours out of a day between all of them..so she was a bit strange for most cats....she would get wrapped up like a baby..and just sit there on their laps...she loved it..lol..when they went to school...she would follow them...and then come home....when she had her first litter...Gabby,,my eldest was the only one allowed to touch them....when she had her second litter..it was then that I knew this cat wasnt normal....she was walking strange,,,moaning,,and we all knew she was ready to have them...but she kept making those obnoxious noises..so I wouldnt let her sleep in the bedroom....she clawed at the door...for so long....so Gabby got up...took her to the closet where her bed was prepared for the future birth...and when Gabby left...she would run after her....this happened a few times before it dawned on me..."Gabby, she doesnt want to be alone when she gives birth."Duh,,,,so Gabby sat in the closent with her...in about 30 minutes...she popped out the first one..gabby stroked her head during labor,,and this cat didnt mind at all,,,,wanted Gabby near her...she gave birth to six of them...so she wasnt territorial at all...but how many cats get held nonstop?....We had to get rid of her..I moved and couldnt afford the pet fee and I didnt want to deal with it...(I know I was a meanie),,,but I worked hard with a long letter about this cat...whoever got her..she wasnt an independent cat....didnt have a typical "leave me alone" attitude...so I miss her now..but still,,cats dont do much for me..lol..(I know meanie)..rlol...-Raven

Anonymous said...

It's not only "meta" of you Paul.  It's Zubin Meta of you.  

It's like regular meta only you get to wave a tiny stick around.

Carry on, Maestro.

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I read an article recently where some guy actually legally changed his name to "They".  No last name.

So now we know.

Simon

Anonymous said...

awww, pretty kitty!!  rough life huh?! heh.

Anonymous said...

Cool holiday....now I have to put up my cat poem that I did for Halloween complete with fanged picture...looks like your cats know who is the boss....Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises