Thursday, October 12, 2006

A novel beginning?

   Thursday morning dawned bright and hoary. The violent storm of the previous night had passed, leaving destruction in its wake...

Broken_Door


   I guess we're changing the door, Dad.

So, here's what else is happening on this cold, clear morning...

   I have made a
call for submissions for the next edition of CarnivAOL. Any AOL/AIM bloggers who would like to participate are hereby invited to do so. Head on over to the CarnivAOL blog and read up on The Rules, and the Submission Guidelines, and then send me an email with a link to the entry in your journal you would like me to feature. Get your emails to me before Sunday at midnight for inclusion in Tuesday's carnival.

   The latest edition (the 45th) of
The Skeptic's Circle has been published, this week at The Inoculated Mind. I'm in it once again (yay me). Our host this week has done something rather unique, in that he has created the first ever Skeptic's Circle Podcast. If you're here now, you've probably already read my contribution, Why skepticism? Still, if you wanted to hear what my voice sounds like, you might check it out (I'm about thirteen and a half minutes in). Oh, and there's bunches of other fabulous skeptical writing to enjoy as well.

tags:
, ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the human house, yes?  Bummer!

Anonymous said...

Why your people ever gave up living in igloos is beyond me.  

By the way, I'm hoping the dog house fared better than the shed.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

So... how is the dog house????  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Don't mind me, I'm just meandering.
So, CarnivAOL is still up and running, I need to turn my alerts back on!

Voice? Sound? Ok, curiosity always trumps the cat, so I'll have to visit that little link. Lets see what I can be convinced of in 13 minutes.................

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Um Yowza! "Isn't it ironic?"

: )

Brandi

Anonymous said...

I guess someone sprinkle holy water on your shed, huh?