Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Twista you told 'em right...

   Amanda, of Hey, I'm Country! has pointed out this fun little online tool from MyHeritage.com. You upload a photograph of yourself, and they tell you what celebrities you resemble.
   I thought, "what the heck?" and played along. First I uploaded a picture of myself in high school... 



   Hey, not bad! You're doing OK if someone says you look like James Bond. I don't know who that Yuen Biao is, but clearly, he could kick your ass. John Lennon? Only one of the most highly respected rock music artists of all time. Harry Houdini? That's just plain cool.
   But the pinnacle; the absolute top of the coolness heap, is The Knight Rider himself. Come on. Which one of you hasn't died of envy for your own talking cylon car? Tell the truth, now.

   Next, I provided a picture of myself now. The results were a little bit mixed...



   Yeah. Um, I'm not sure if I'm improving, or worsening. On one hand, there's Richard Gere, but who the hell is Bernard Pivot?

tags:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the comparisons to Alexis Denisof and Paul Allen.  Can you fight vampires, found a museum, co-invent a major computer platform, fun a space pln, or marry Willow?

Anonymous said...

Being likened to The Hoff is a mixed bag of blessings.  Sure there's the Knight Rider schtick... but there's also Hooked on a Feeling.  Get yourself to Germany though, and you'll be an instant celebrity!  (your former self, that is.)

Simon

Anonymous said...

LOL... what fun!  Thanks for sharing... I get the Richard Gere but Paul Allen?  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I had to google Yuen Biao--he is "The Fist Master". Ewwww. Kind of scary. You still look like Pierce Brosnan, though. This was cute.

Anonymous said...

A french TV show host . . . that's who Bernard Pivot is. . . no wonder he didn't make my top 100. Just think you and your Richard Gere look-alike self made it on there and that is all that matters in the long run. :-D

Amanda :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Peter Brady, that's it! You so could have been his stunt double when you were in high school!

That's a good thing Peter was the best looking out of all those Brady kids.

Anonymous said...

All I know about Pivot is that odd little questionaire he cooked up that James Lipton uses at the end of Inside the Actor's Studio.  

But, man...  The Hoff?!?  I named a particular body part of mine David Hasselhoff.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind

Anonymous said...

cute early photos
can't see the other photos
natalie

Anonymous said...

Alexis Denisof and a dash of James Bond...I can see the resemblence...Ok..I went and did this and since I'm not a white gal..I'm filing a discrimination suit...lol

http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld/entries/2006/10/25/do-you-have-a-celebrity-twin-my-heritage.com/1567

Anonymous said...

Paul..weird I just left a comment and its gone...well...just wanted to say you do resemble yours....I thought Alexis Denisof and James Bond were reasonable similarities...here is my link

http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld/entries/2006/10/25/do-you-have-a-celebrity-twin-my-heritage.com/1567

Anonymous said...

hmmm i tired this and i couldnt get them to display the way yours did.. bummer, when i was young (according to them) I looked like some really neat people! lol

Anonymous said...

Bernard Pivot I believe is a jornalist by trade... if I remember well (i was a little girl) he used to hold some TV programs in France about literature, as a literature critic.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I've done my celibrity collage. this is so fun and clever, thank you Paul :D
Valerie

Anonymous said...

You know, now that I think about it, I think you look more like Pierre Perret (of my childhood, a French singer) than Bernars Pivot.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I just did this--They say I look like Farrah Fawcett in one photo and Aung San Suu Kyi in another. Very flattering but I doubt it!