Wednesday, October 25, 2006

NCYCEYGW - conclusion

Television
"Television"


   Many thanks to Teresa, of Oh, My Word! for her fabulous "National Carry Your Camera Everywhere You Go Week" idea. I had a lot of fun looking around for picture ideas whenever I happened to be out and about over the last week. In addition, I restricted myself to one specific theme for all of the pictures. The experience of keeping my eyes, and my mind, open for pleasing and topical compositions was interesting, and fulfilling.
   As some of the picture entries have fallen off the front page by now, I will reproduce them all here. Can you discern what my chosen theme was? (It's actually a little more nebulous than what might seem to be the obvious answer. I think the picture above pretty much perfectly represents that theme).

Preview
Day one - "Out"

Preview
Day two - "Reflections"

Preview
Day three - "Leaf"

Preview
Day four - "Lesson"

Preview
Day five - "Timmy's"

Preview
Day six - "Hood"

Preview
Day seven - "Puddle"

tags: ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dang daughter took my camera to school today! Anyway, I do agree with you. This past week I really had my eyes open and saw a lot of things I probably wouldn't have noticed. Driving got a little dangerous!  NNCYCEYGW isn't over for me! A request...I'd like to see "timmy's" in B&W

Anonymous said...

Hey, your wet weather helped with getting all those reflections! I'm on day four and really enjoying this! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing your theme was Reflection.  Must be why Matt looked to be a lefty and you didn't blatantly correct all us proud southpaws who immediately adopted him into our fold.  I could be wrong though.  Nice pics, either way.

Simon

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome Paul! You did such a great job :]
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what your theme is...but I will think on it for a while...

I want to remind you to put your CarnivAOL call also in this journal AND remind you that this is the 25th!  The Silver Anniversary Edition!  Woo hoo!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I guess the theme would be to shut off the 'tv', get 'out' in the world, check out your neighbor'hood', learn new 'lessons' in life, 'reflect' on the changing 'leaf(s)', don't be stuck in a 'puddle' or rut of muck in your thoughts. and go to 'Timothy's' for a coffee to help you start thinking globally!!

Close?  No?  Okay... I tried.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Paul,
I think that you should now collect everyone's photos from NCYCEYGW and submit them as an entry for the Turner prize! have you seen what passes for Art these days?
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/20062007-journal-index/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

Paul... what was the THEME???

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

C'mon now... what is the theme.... give....

be well,
Dawn