Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Songbird

   My son has been studying the Canadian Government in his Grade 5 class at school. He recently brought home a test he had written on the subject. The questions were numbered 1,2,3,3,4,5,5. Yes, these are the people teaching our children. He scored 83% on the test, but I'm not sure what that means coming from a teacher who, apparently, has difficulty counting to seven.

I thought I'd share with you one of Matthew's responses. I think it was to question #5. One of them, anyway.

question5or7
Q. List the six steps a bill goes through to become a law.

A. 1) first someone decides to make the bill
     2) second it's checked over
     3) it's sent to the house of commons then it's voted on 3 times
     4) if it's passed it goes to the senate for 3 more votes
     5) then it's checked over again
     6) then the governor general sings it


The
Governor General sings it. And I thought government was boring. I'm going to have to watch CPAC more often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMBO  I don't know anything about Canadian government, but if they sing it then either they're happy they're doing a good job, or they're not doing their jobs.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Now that is a keeper.  Love it.  Wonderful journal.

Anonymous said...

Schoolhouse Rock! they DID know what they were talking about ... "I'm just a bill on Capitol Hill ..."