Saturday, March 18, 2006

I'm getting an M...

   The other day I mentioned this news item about a mother and two young children being murdered just around the corner from where I live. On Friday, walking down to the barbershop for a trim, I passed the site, and was struck by this image.
Psychic_House
   At the extreme lower right of the picture, you can see all the flowers, stuffed animals, and other tributes to those who lost their lives that day. What struck me was the house immediately next door. You see, a psychic lives there. If you take a close-up look at the banner on the side of the house...
Psychic_Banner
You can see that this psychic offers to pass on information about the past, present, and future. You'd think, if said psychic could really see the future, a little advance warning might have been forthcoming.

I'm just sayin'.

tags:,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet she knew...it's just no one paid her to tell what was coming.

http://saveasecretaryfrominsanity.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm just sayin', too.  

Anonymous said...

<whew>  That's cuttin' it close, Darlin'.  

And you be safe, hear me?

xoxoxo,
andi

Anonymous said...

I think a simple nod will do here.

::nodding::

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Has that always been there?  If the person lived next door to someone with a potentially deadly - what's the euphamism? - domestic disturbances - she (let's assume a she) might well have warned the mother to do whatever it took to protect herself from the ex.  It wouldn't have taken any special abilities, except to just be observant, which alleged psychics generally are.  Unfortunately, even a concerned neighbor can't usually prevent a murder.  

When I was in high school, I heard one day in gym class that the mother of a girl in my grade had gone to the elementary school and accused a teacher there of saying bad things about her.  I'd known Diane since at least second grade, but not well.  It was an odd little story, though, and I remembered it - especially when Diane was murdered by her mother in a murder-suicide a few weeks later.  I submit to you that if Mrs. Heacox's mental illness was common knowledge around the high school, surely someone closer to Diane than I was should have guessed that Diane might be in danger.  In fact, if I remember correctly, it was the psychiatrist, arriving at the house with commitment papers, who discovered the bodies.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I think Adrian Paul would make a great James Bond.
HOLLY

Anonymous said...

You know, If I was the Psychic, I think I would have climbed up and torn that banner down immediately. But,  I guess they couldn't see that far ahead.   Tina

Anonymous said...

Maybe the psychic had warned her.

Anonymous said...

but I personally don't believe in such.