Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Look at how my children play Commando in the Cul-de-sac

   My wife has two housecoats. They both hang on a hook in the bathroom. I have no idea why she needs two housecoats, but I don't dare ask. I'm sure she'll have some reasonable explanation that she considers eminently logical, like one is for the morning and one is for the evening; or one is for when her hair is wet, and one is for when her hair is dry. For all I know, it could well have something to do with nail polish, but I know better than to ask and potentially put myself into the position of being caught with that "you've got to be freakin' kidding me" look on my face.
   Actually, I don't mind so much. There's this other thing she does, too. We have this set of matching towels in the bathroom, and even though we have a whole linen closet full of other towels, she only ever wants the one set in there. Even on laundry day, she won't put a different set of towels out. She takes the towels that are in there, throws them in the washer; when that's done, she throws them in the dryer; and when that's done she puts them back in the bathroom. All told, the process takes about two hours or so, during which time, there are no towels in the bathroom.
   So, if I go in to use the facilities, and wash my hands - which I do, because I'm a clean guy - I dry my hands on one of her housecoats.

tags:
,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh.... if your wife reads this you are in sooo much trouble... on so many levels <rofl> We have a set of towels that hang in the bathroom 'for show' that match my bathroom design.... AND towels that hang behind the door for mundane things like... ohhhhh .... drying ourselves <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Looks like you should go out and buy an identical set of matching towels to match the ones she puts in the wash.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

RLOL...no towels,,,sooo funny,,,,Maybe she has the two housecoats for variety--- just for you....but the towel thing is funny,,,lol....maybe its the best towels for guests and she wants them smellin good when they come...I dont have that type of hospitality. I was born from somewhere else,lol...I hang whatever is up and guests fend for themselves....lol...I think its cute that she does that.

Anonymous said...

Good post.
Definite chuckle!
The title though...?!?!
Trying to see if the reference draws extra attention?
Brent

Anonymous said...

LOL... the jig is up, Paul.  She is going to read this entry and you are going to be in big trouble!  LOL

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I think you are in trouble.  Women have a "thing" for towels.  They have to be just so for the bathroom and if you have to wait go get paper towels. She's gonna catch ya.....Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Hey I waited to comment until I got my new keyboard. Can ya tell my typing looks new?
I love this story! I'm one of those women who leaves there shit hanging on the hooks on the back of the bathroom door and now I have to wonder if anyone in my house has been wiping their ass with my robe if there's no toilet paper in the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

(Dawn, you were right!)
The JIG is up. So, how do you think I found out about this Blog entry? Well, while enjoying a lovely coffee after a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my inlaws,  my FATHER IN LAW, nonchalantly mentions something about house coats and towels. Of course, my ears perk up at this as my HUSBAND very recently queired my about my "housecoats". To my surprise (and I shouldn't have been), some story has been posted on HIS BLOG concerning my House Coat and Bath Robe (two very different items in a woman's wardrobe) have been publically displayed for all of MY friends and family to read and laugh at!!!!!  
So, as my WONDERFUL SPOUSE has so aptly indicated, I DO have a very logical, and practical reason for a HOUSE COAT and a BATH ROBE!  For you ladies out there, you know where I am coming from and I do not have to JUSTIFY my wardrobe requirements to ANY MAN! I won't even go near the towels thing as my HUSBAND has already been "told" and I do not need to rehash anything publically! (see, unlike men, once it's off my chest, is gone and buried!)

And now I know why my Bath robe is "dirty" on the same side!

The WIFE of Aurora Walking Vacation

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. I just saw your wife's comment!  Yup... the jig was oh so up!!! lol

b e well,
Dawn

And, ps...  That's right, no justification necessary to ANYONE!!  lol