Saturday, September 30, 2006

Name that puppy

   Contest Time For J-Land!!! Chelle is having a contest to name her new puppy.

Chelles_Puppy

   I'm thinkin' Rufus. Why Rufus? Well, a long time ago, there was a beer commercial on TV up here in Canadanistan with a an old deep south coon hound sleeping on the porch while his master and some buddies hung out and drank beer. I don't remember the lead up, but the punch line was, "he looks fast just lying there." This picture of Chelle's puppy reminds me of the dog from that commercial, and "Rufus" is just about the perfect name for some old deep south coon hound.
   Of course, Chelle's pup is not an old deep south coon hound, and will actually grow up to look nothing like one, but look at him. I mean, just look at him! <sarcasm>He looks fast just lying there</sarcasm>.


OK people! For the second day in a row I see that I have failed to explain things clearly enough. If you want to suggest names for Chelle's new puppy, go to her blog and do so. I don't have any pull with her.

tags:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

That's a "Boozer" if I ever saw one.  Too floppy to be a "Goldie" but maybe a "Rusty" or even (I like this)  "Jack".  I like "Jack" yeah, that's it.  "HEY JACK, WAKE UP!!!" lol CATHY

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm getting a minature pig and naming him Hamhock,,true story,,,,so not sure how good I will be at this,,but I came up with a few....

Delight- makes you think about how lucky you are
Mid life crisis- Perfect reality check
Patience- I love character names...they are unique and keep you in check,,try yelling at patience at the park and see what a fool you'll loook like

Integrity- great name of a dog if your a criminal. IF the cop shows up at your door and you call your dog Integrity to come over, he will believe your alibi. I know this. I have a horse named Integrity.

Ok, I am done being stupid,loll...but I look forward to having Hamhock. I lived in Hawaii and fell in love with minature pigs....I dont plan on cooking him up I just need some sort of way to become a vegan and an in your face approach works..
-Raven

Anonymous said...

After looking that this little guy for ahwile, I think he looks definitely contented, I like the name Brandi he looks like a brandi.  

Anonymous said...

Okay... I visited and gave my suggestions!!  I think Rufus is pretty good, but I suggested Max or Denny.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hun for ya submisson and for the traffic! Mauh!

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

ROFL...did you go and link it in Chelle's journal so she knows???  I suggested Duke.  BTW...I snagged that pic of the pup from her journal and it's been flying around JLand. Isn't he just the cutest???  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hummus....another name,,,sis thought of it