Thursday, February 8, 2007

An item missed from my previous list...

6) I usually pay no attention to web petitions, as I think they tend to have absolutely no persuasive value on the people to which they are presented. I did sign this one, though: Sylvia, take Randi's test... PLEASE! The difference is this one, in addition to being presented to Sylvia Browne, will also be presented to Larry King, and Montel Williams, Sylvia's biggest media supporters. It is to be hoped that an overwhelming number of signatures will make the media sit up and take notice that the viewing public is interested in seeing this test take place. Seeing Montel and Larry take an even slightly less credulous view of Sylvia Browne would be a breath of fresh air.

Note: if you sign that petition, and I strongly encourage you to do so, you may be taken to a web page asking you for a PayPal donation to support the online petitions web site. Just hit the back button on your browser, and you will be taken back to the petition page. Your signature will still be recorded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has entertained people for years. As for me, I always thought of it as comedy hour. ~Raven