Thursday, January 13, 2005

Another one of those Bloggers' quizzes

I got this from Jay, who got it from Ray. Where did Ray get it? I'm thinking from Kay, or Fay, but I really don't know.

1-WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING AT THE MOMENT?

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams (for Jay nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?).

2-WHAT IS PRINTED ON YOUR MOUSEPAD?

Optical mouse=no mouse pad. :D

3-WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Bored game? 'nuff said. Recently, we've been playing a lot of Mancala.

4-WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Golf Digest.

5-WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SOUND?

Hard not to go with Jay's pick here: her kids giggling. No, wait! My kid giggling.

6-WHAT'S THE WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?

Inadequacy.

7-WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF IN THE MORNING?

I generally try not to start thinking until lunch time.

8-HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU PICK UP THE PHONE?

If I don't get to it by three the answering machine picks up.

9-WHAT WOULD YOU NAME YOUR FUTURE CHILD AND/OR DOG?

Unfortunately, Matt won't be getting any brothers or sisters. With a cat and a dog already, there won't be new one of those any time soon either.

10-WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE?

Family.

11-WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FOODS?

Been partial to Thai recently. Also, Italian, of course. But we don't eat Italian in restaurants. I mean real Italian. I could probably turn that into a crude joke, but I'll stop right now.

12-DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?

Not usually. One of my buddies I carpool with occasionally thinks I drive like an old lady. My old lady friends don't agree.

13-DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?

No. Who wrote these questions, anyway?

14-WOULD YOU CLASS STORMS AS COOL OR SCARY?

Depends on the storm. Some are downright annoying. A big thunderstorm with lots of lightning used to be really cool, until it hit my house. I don't love the smell of sizzling wiring in the morning.

15-WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?

1980 Mazda GLC Sport. Mine didn't have the fog lights or all the stickers, but it pretty much looked like that.

16-WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?

A good single malt scotch.

17-DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OFF BROCCOLI?

Yes. Sometimes. No, not really.

18-IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Blonde like Slim Shady. That's a joke. I'm a guy. Guys who dye their hair scare me.

19-IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?

If the glass is half empty, it's time to top it up.

20-WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?

The Lord Of The Rings (I know, that's three movies. I like to think of them as one. One long 12 hour movie. Take my advice. Don't get the large drink).

21-DO YOU TYPE WITH THE CORRECT FINGERS ON THE CORRECT KEYS?

How would I know? I guess that means no.

22-WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?

Monsters.

23-WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? 

I watch a lot of sports, but none with a real passion.

24-SAY AT LEAST ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU:

She's English. I generally consider that a good thing. Also, she likes to help people.

25-WHO HAVE YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Send not. Journal post in. </Yoda>

26-WHO HAVE YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

See above.

27-DO YOU PREFER HORROR MOVIES OR COMEDY FILMS?

Comedy. Although, some of the comedy films that come out are rather horrific.

28-WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TIME OF DAY?

Midnight.

29-WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST PET PEEVE?

Bad drivers.

30-IS THERE ANYONE YOU HAVEN'T FORGIVEN?

No.

31-WHAT TYPE OF MILK DO YOU DRINK?

2%. Why?

32-DO YOU MAKE YOUR BED IN THE MORNING?

No. I occasionally get around to that by late afternoon.

33-HOW MANY TVs ARE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD?

2. The one in Matt's room is not hooked up for TV watching, only game playing.

34-WHO PUTS THE GARBAGE OUT?

Usually me. Sometimes my wife.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the answers hun, especially numbers 1, 19 and  22, as for number 24, cant really consider if being english is a good thing or not......., never been anything else to compare lol
Jay xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/g1itterkat/OurBrood/

Anonymous said...

I don't see why come to my journal just to put " Lalala, I'm not listening" If you didn't like it, don't comment. Got it? Good.

  ~Brooke

Anonymous said...

I liked this entry. judi

Anonymous said...

HI, YOU CAME TO MY JOURNAL AND TOLD ME TO GET RID OF MY GUN. I'M A WOMAN WHO LIVES ALONE. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEANT ABOUT TAKING A SLEEPING PILL AND HAVING A GUN. I DIDN'T REALLY TAKE A SLEEPYING PILL. I WAS JUST MAKING LIGHT OF THE SITUATION. LET ME TELL YOU THE END OF THAT NIGHT. I WENT TO BED PUT THE GUN CLOSE TO ME IN CASE THEY CAME BACK TO A BROKEN WINDOW I COULDN'T FIX AT THE MOMENT. I KNEW MY DAUGHTER WASN'T COMING HOME THAT NIGHT. I WAS JUST ABOUT ASLEEP WHEN THE MOTION LIGHT CAME ON AT MY BEDROOM WINDOW. I GOT UP GOT DRESSED CALLED MY WORK BECAUSE THEY ARE OPEN 24 HRS AND KEPT THEM ON THE LINE UNTIL I COULD GET OUT OF MY HOUSE TO MY CAR AND LEAVE WITH GUN IN HAND READY TO SHOT. WHEN I OPENED MY DOOR THE GATE TO THE BACK YARD WAS OPEN AGAIN. THE POLICE AND I HAD CLOSED IT EARLIER. HE WAS IN MY BACK YARD AGAIN. I SHOT IN THE AIR AND HE JUMPED MY BACK FENCE. I SAW HIM WHEN HE WENT OVER. NOT NO BUT HELL NO WILL I EVER GET RID OF MY GUN IN FACT I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO GO TO A FIRING RANGE SO I CAN GET MY GUN PERMIT TO CARRY ONE ALL THE TIME. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH HELL AND I WILL PROTECT MYSELF AND MY PROPERTY. IF YOU DIED AND LEFT YOUR WIFE WOULD YOU TELL HER TO GET RID OF HER PROTECTION ? IF I GO DOWN I'M GOING FIGHTING. BARS ON MY WINDOWS NEXT AND I ALREADY HAVE A SECURITY SYSTEM. I DID CALL THE POLICE AGAIN AND TOLD THEM ABOUT THE GUN THEY TOLD ME TO GO GET A PERMIT AND BE CAREFUL. YES INDEED I WILL KEEP MY GUN

Anonymous said...

I have no qualms about turning No. 11 into a crude joke:

What do you call a Roman with hair in his teeth?

A Gladiator.


Simon
http://simianfarmer.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

ouch!

Anonymous said...

a silly entry indeed -

but, of course, that didn't stop me from doing it rightcheer----->


http://journals.aol.com/floralilia/ahemtaptaptapisthisthingon/entries/627