Thursday, January 6, 2005

You might be a Canadian if...


...You own more winter jackets than bathing suits.

...Even though you scoff at the American stereotype that all Canadians live in igloos, you do know how to build one.

...A snowstorm has never prevented you getting to work on time.

...You understand that basketball is just hockey played by wussies.

...Even though you only watch NFL football, you still complain about the four downs and fair catch rules.

...When someone talks about curling, your hair is the second thing you think about.

...You got the Stan Mikita's Donuts joke in Wayne's World.

...You don't snicker when someone uses the words 'diplomatic solution.'

...You actually believe Canada won the War of 1812.

...Your copy of the first Harry Potter book is called The Philosopher's Stone

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bacon is round.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've always suspected this but now I know for sure... I am NOT Canadian, because I still don't get most of these!

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't actually know how to build an igloo, and I make a habit of shunning the NFL, but other than that, bang on.

Another good sign would be that you were jumping for joy at Canada's recent stomping of the Russian Juniors.

Simon

http://simianfarmer.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

I love these lists... These are pretty good, I actually got most of them <eg>... The Harry Potter book really had a different name up there?? Go figure, I hadn't heard that one!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Love your list.  And Canada too, in the summertime, that is.  Spent a fair amount of time up there at many a youth hockey tournament.

Thanks for stopping by my journal awhile back.  We ended up naming the pup Zoey, but we call her Zo-zo.  Weird, I know, but Zo-zo just fits her cute, spunky personality! :-)

Happy new year!  And all the best! :-)