Monday, January 31, 2005

That's jive, brother!

  Oh. My. God!

  I have just had an Internet invocation success of unprecedented magnitude. And it had nothing to do with any of my specific invocation entries, or subjects. Remember back, gee whiz, was it the beginning of November? I had just pissed off Chasing Moksha on the AOL journals message board, by politely asking her to stop spamming, and she had just sent me a profanity riddled e-mail... ah, good times. And, in the midst of drama, hip deep, in the AOL Journals community, I posted this entry: Paul's Awards Show. Today, in the comments section, appeared... oh hell, just go look.
  Yes, a former member of the Jive Kings, bassist
Deryl Gallant dropped by to say hello. I know, I didn't actually mention Deryl by name, but come on! I mentioned his former band's name. That's gotta count.
  I asked Deryl what brought him by Aurora Walking Vacation. He replied, "as almost any band I've ever been in I'm self admittedly "our biggest fan" and so still occasionaly I go to google and type "Jive Kings" out of curiosity and it has led me to some of the most interesting things...like yours....pretty cool...." Thanks for dropping by, Deryl.
  I'm still waiting to hear from Mark Hamill.

   Friday, August 12, 2005. 10:00pm. This entry has been re-edited as a test of the ego surfing phenomenon. Results will be posted in a new entry if and when they occur.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you.  Let us know if you hear from Hamill or Kay, and I'll tell you if Harlan calls. - Karen

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo Cool!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Man, I know you, I like you, HEY you're my bud. But you're still weird.
I also like music, I am married and stay up too late (although for me that has something to do with shift work)
Part of the reason I like you is you don't care!!
Weird eh?
Fitting in means being the same which in unoriginal which is un-cool which is not fitting in which is being a geek which is being different or being original which is being cool which is fitting in which is being part of the IN crowd which is beng the same.... I think YADA YADA YADA fits in here!
Being cool means - I DO WHAT I WANT AND I DON"T CARE WHO LOOKS!!
The rest involves people trying to increase their confidence in themselves by tearing other people down.
Lesson done.
Yes, I know  -  OFF TOPIC, but I couldn't find a better spot.
BYE BYE, buy bonds (Hawkeye)

Anonymous said...

Wow

Anonymous said...

Internet success. Folks we have a breakthrough. Yes, I would say that a bassist counts as long as his name is amoung the bands credits. Is there are obvious reason, or not so obvious reason we are waiting for Mark Hamill? Just curious
Rebecca