Friday, May 19, 2006

Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a (insert your profession here).

   I'm probably way late to the party with this, but I only found it last night. The American TV channel G4 has recently accquired broadcast rights to Star Trek:The Original Series. Along with showing episodes five nights a week, they have an online, interactive portal called Trek2.0, where fans can enter contests, chat, learn Trek Trivia, and play interactive games. To promote Trek2.0, they have run a series of animated ads using Star Trek figurines (or maybe they aren't real figurines, but animated representations of figurines). This one is called Star Trek Cribs. It made me laugh. That's all I wanted to say.

tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My world would be a poorer place if you hadn't shared that.

I just realised that I would pay good money for a Star Trek communicator ring tone for my cell phone.  Word.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

They have several more. If you go to YouTube and search for "G4 Star Trek" you'll find them.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

The American TV channel G4 ... is this a cable channel??

did you know that Paramount is auctioning off all their Trek related things from the studio??  Any guesses they are done with the franchise?? (fools)

Anonymous said...

ah! :):) thanks
nat