Monday, May 8, 2006

Monday photo shoot

   John says:
Your Monday Photo Shoot: Grab Bag! Show off any picture you want, and long as it's really cool. That's right, you make the call -- all I want is to look at it and say "Whoa! What a neat picture."
   Here is a picture of Matthew breaking a board in TaeKwon-Do class a few years ago. I see a green belt around his waist, so this was during a test to move up to either a blue stripe, or from a blue stripe to a blue belt.

Preview

   Fortunately, we do not have a picture of me putting my back out attempting to break a board using a reverse hooking kick, when the guy moved the board at the last second (Not the guy in the picture, another guy). I did manage to do it on my second attempt. I guess my back was really OK.

tags:,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! Neat! :)

Always, Carly

Anonymous said...

Love the picture... the one of you would be priceless...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Exciting . . . I am sure the picture of you is much more entertaining though. :-D

Take Care!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Whoa!  What a neat picture!
(Okay, I'm just mimicking Scalzi because I almost never use the word 'neat' in a sentence, but really, that is a very cool picture!)

Anonymous said...

It's okay you didn't pick my journal...but you must come and look at my pics and my dream story...

http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I followed your link back here and I love your journal! Thanks for your comment and link on my photojournal...I'll be back :)

~Erika
http://journals.aol.com/cutebutpsycho028/PhotographOfMySoul/

P.S. Very cool picture! (Although I must say, it makes me want to say "ouch" as well as "whoa"...lol.)

Anonymous said...

When I took karate during eighth grade and asked about breaking boards, I was told that one seldome needs to defend oneself against a board.  Aw, no fun!  - K.

Anonymous said...

That's not a WOW that 's an Ayeya! and an ouch!
Tess