Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy Thursday

   This is the way my day began: I put the breakfast dishes into the dishwasher, and it being pretty full, I poured some soap into the appropriate spots, closed the door, and turned it on.

   Nothing happened.

   No little red light came on. No sound of water being drawn into the belly of the beast. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
   I turned the dial. I pushed it in. I pulled it out again. I opened and closed the door. I tried changing the cycle, the temperature. Zip. I went downstairs to see if there was a tripped breaker. Nope. Now I have to pull it out from under the counter, and see if maybe there is a loose connection behind it.
   But, before I can do that, I have to remove three days worth of dirty dishes from it, and wash them by hand.

   Yeah. Happy Thursday to you, too.

tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is funny when it happens to someone else. Ohhh hell but no hell when happens to YOU! Sorry for your lost of the dish washer. Rest in Peace...

Brenda

Anonymous said...

my condolences on the possible passing of your dishwasher...  
you were luckier then this house was!  for the "water rushing in" WAs heard.. and a few moments later the kitchen floor was flooded!.. this too could have been you!


ps. i had a good laugh at your comment to "dribble-puss".. thank you for the laugh, i needed it!

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was a kid and the dishwasher went out. Mom and Dad pretended that it was a harrowing experience to pick out a new one. Instead, they were really gloating about how my brother and I had to wash the dishes at dinner by hand. It was the longest two weeks of my life. My sincerest sympathy.

Anonymous said...

It is safe to say 'That sucks'  sorry Paul... my day also sucks but for vastly different reasons I will write about later...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Drag it in front of the washer and dryer and destroy the weak appliance with an axe and a shotgun.  You've got to teach those things a lesson, or they'll walk all over you.  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

By Hand! Are you kidding? That sucks. :-D

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

OMG!  By hand???  LOL  sounds like someone I know watching an infomercial cuz they can't find the remote and Gawwd forbid they have to get up to change the channel.  
hugs
d
http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/