Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day music

Preview  Maybe you have a hot date with your girlfriend, or a romantic evening in with your wife planned for tonight. The key to making it successful is atmosphere. Go for subdued lighting; candles are good. Aroma is important. Try a delicate floral potpourri, or make the candles scented. And the third leg of the atmosphere tripod is sound. You must play the right music to set the mood, or to put her in the mood, so to speak. Let me give you my suggestions:


There is, of course, value to be found in the classics. I like to start with the old AC/DC standby:


Let me put my love into you, babe
Let me put my love on the line
Let me put my love into you, babe
Let me cut your cake with my knife


Also falling into this category is the Black Sabbath classic:

Lady evil, evil
She’s a magical, mystical woman
Lady evil, evil on my mind
She’s queen of the night

Many prefer a more eclectic selection of music. For them I suggest this offering from Iron Maiden's self titled album:

Charlotte the Harlot show me your legs,
Charlotte the Harlot take me to bed.
Charlotte the Harlot let me see blood,
Charlotte the Harlot let me see love.

Or, from the Number of the Beast album, the far more sophisticated sequel to that song:

Beat her mistreat her do anything that you please
Bite her excite her make her get down on her knees
Abuse her misuse her she can take all that you've got
Caress her molest her she always does what you want

And, finally, always remember the immortal words of David Coverdale, of Whitesnake:

If you don't like it,
Spit it out.


You can thank me later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Paul, what are we to do with you?
(did you duck?)

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you may have just proved some theories correct!  LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

...... and for those with passive -aggressive issues, this contribution by The Smiths:  "Sweetness, sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head."  I know I'd be charmed .......

Anonymous said...

Oh Man!! This is by far the best valentine entry!!! I may be a dues-paying member of the AntiValentine Society, but you gotta be the Prez!!! Penny

Anonymous said...

Not only amusing, written in music I know and love!  Thanks
Tammy