Friday, February 11, 2005

Weekend Assignment #47

Weekend Assignment #47: Reveal Your Teenage Celebrity Crush! Oh, come on. We all had one. Share yours, and tell us why that particularly celebrity tripped your teenage trigger.

Extra Credit: Tell us: Do you still have a little teeny bit of a crush on that celebrity? Yes? No? Maybe so?

  Oh my. Where to start? I must say, that as a young teen, and even pre-teen, I had a pretty strong crush on virtually every pretty, female celebrity to cross my short attention span. Some of them were pretty embarrassing, upon review through the filters of time.
PreviewFor example, there were the girls from The DeFranco Family. Although, a little bit of googling turns up pictures of them taken more recently, and schwing, they are babelicious.









PreviewToni Tennille, from The Captain and Tennille. I have no explanation for this one. Must have been chipmunk love.










PreviewAnd, oh my God, I had completely forgotten about Lindsay Wagner, The Bionic Woman! Who wouldn't love a woman with no memory, who could lift your car out of the ditch with one hand, while flipping her hair in that alluring manner with the other?





PreviewThese were all early celebrity crushes for me. More recently, I remember looking at Britney Spears' first music video, Baby One More Time, and commenting that I didn't like her. When asked why, my honest answer: "she makes me think impure thoughts."





Preview  The ultimate celebrity crush for me, though; the one that was the first to occur to me when I sat down, closed my eyes, and cleared my mind, was Olivia Newton John. I remember seeing the movie Grease and being in love. And let's be perfectly honest, ok? Any woman who can pull off both of these looks is every man's fantasy

















Preview

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a pattern here.. BLONDES?  I think all pre-teen boys have crushes on every pretty female.  I've noticed that at my house.. Girl crazy is a theme
~ Promise

Anonymous said...

Umm, Paul?  You somehow neglected to mention the whole Princess Leia Gold Bikini fantasy that every man has buried deep inside him.  I'm not sure if the oversight was intentional or not, but I felt it necessary at least to mention it here.  

And to answer the Extra Credit bit, I currently feel absolutely no attraction towards Carrie Fisher at all.  Though her character's mother is a pretty hot little number just now.  I've loved Natalie Portman since The Professional.  Definitely NOT Debbie Reynolds.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

    Hey, Paul....thanks for stopping by.  Actually, I still LOVE Jimi's music.  And I  feel lucky that I got to see him live before he died.  He was an amazing performer, and , hey..it's always nice to be able to tell your kids about seeing somebody even THEY  think is cool !   I enjoyed reading your journal, and I had to laugh when I read the comment you made about Britney Spears.  Sounds like something my husband would say ..... Take care,   Tina                                            http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

I honestly think I hurt myself from all the eye rolls I did while reading this entry. The Brittany one really shocked me, I have no idea why. But, it did make me remember when my ex husband(then husband) first saw that video. He sat there with his mouth gapped open and I could swear I saw drool. Funny, I never took you as a perv Paul. Oh wait, yes I did. I remember calling you a perv in my reply to your very first email to me. LMAO!!! That's funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my.  I am aghast and agog.  - Karen

Anonymous said...

Your celebrity crushes, are some really great ones. LOL But I can't get over your answer for Britney Spears... I am rolling.

Brandi
http://journals.aol.com/brandilynneliz/SomethingNew